Web Backend Developer (PHP)
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for a committed team member who will help us bring the game's post-launch support to a whole new level. Someone who will take part in creating tools that will further enhance the experience of games produced by Techland and contribute to creating new standards in the game industry.
- creating web services that will enhance players' everyday experience of Dying Light Games and other projects that we will release in the future,
- participating in the creative and development process, iterating a lot! (but you will always feel that your voice matters)
- analyzing products, users, gamers and the gaming industry in general.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- Object-oriented PHP proficiency,
- ability to combine procedural and object-oriented concepts,
- basic knowledge of HTML and its integration with PHP,
- knowledge of SQL (e.g. MariaDB) at the level of understanding and creating complex queries as well as optimizing them,
- knowledge of JWT with encryption,
- basic knowledge of non-relational databases (e.g. MongoDB),
- knowledge of code security (resistance to various attacks, etc.),
- Good command of English
- ability to plan work on a task to complete it within the agreed timeframe,
- ability to work in a team while being able to independently seek solutions,
- passion for PHP (do you know what interesting features have been introduced in the latest release?).
Nice to have:
- knowledge of basic PHP Swoole and the willingness to deepen this topic (e.g. WebSocket server),
- knowledge of Linux at a level enabling work with PHP,
- basic knowledge of Apache configuration and operation,
- basic knowledge of Networking and Communication (transmitted data, headers, etc.),
- open-mindedness and refined sense of humor,
- skillful control of the Theory of Controlled Chaos. ;)
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).