Technical Game Director
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
We are seeking an experienced and highly qualified Technical Game Director who will be accountable for the technical ownership, decision-making, and execution within this strategic domain working on one of our titles. The ideal person is a forward-looking technology leader and a recognized expert within this strategic domain.
This is a key leadership position and will influence the direction of multiple teams and own a critical technology domain.
- Manage Technical Risks and Mitigation plans for the game
- Contribute to scheduling and scoping of game
- Gather requirements from the game to guide technical designs. Improve software architecture for technology, pipeline, and tools
- Audit the team’s development plans including technical designs, processes, resource usage, task estimates, quality, and risk for technical completion and quality
- Work closely with other directors to manage the engineering team
- Collaborate across a diverse cross-disciplinary team to ensure that gameplay, physics, animation, audio, artificial intelligence, and user interface goals are clearly defined.
- Partner with design, art, animation, engineering, scripting, and audio to create new features, systems, and tools that meet the project’s needs.
- Author, pitch, and maintain relevant parts of the technical design document.
- Provide troubleshooting, debugging, and assistance
- Remain current on industry trends, including new game genres, new game development technology and techniques, and trending audio-visual excellence.
- 7+ years of game industry experience with complex game development projects. Must have experience of work on at least one AAA console project.
- Strong technical understanding with solid professional knowledge in C/C++ programming.
- Practical experience in different areas of game development as well as industry experience working as a Lead Programmer or Technical Director.
- Vast knowledge of software development practices.
- Proven team management and inter-discipline communication skills.
- Experience with one of the modern game engines.
- Experience with multi-platform development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent leadership, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, driven individual – able to identify problems and execute solutions.
- Demonstrate good leadership, charisma, enthusiasm, and a sense of commitment.
- Fluent in English.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).