Technical Director (Tools)
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
We are seeking an experienced and highly qualified Tools Director who will be accountable for the technical ownership, decision-making, and execution working on our C-engine Editor and tools. The ideal person is a forward-looking technology leader and a recognized expert within this strategic domain.
Your daily tasks:
- Cooperate with Head of Technology to make strategic decisions about the direction of our technology and tools
- Work closely with other directors to manage the engineering team
- Gather requirements from other teams to guide technical designs and feature a set of C-engine editors.
- Author, pitch, and maintain relevant parts of the technical design documents.
- Oversee software architecture
- Evaluate and recommend 3rd party libraries and tools used to develop our technology
- Audit the team’s development plans including technical designs, processes, resource usage, task estimates, quality, and risk for technical completion and quality
- Provide troubleshooting, debugging, and assistance
- Remain current on industry trends, programming languages evolution, new UX development technologies and techniques
You meet our expectations if you have:
- 7+ years of game industry experience
- Strong technical understanding with solid professional knowledge in C/C++ programming.
- Practical experience in the development of GUI-based software, as well as industry experience working as a Lead Programmer or Technical Director.
- Vast knowledge of software development practices.
- Proven team management and inter-discipline communication skills.
- Experience with one of the modern game engines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Good math skills, especially in linear algebra.
- Excellent leadership, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, driven individual – able to identify problems and execute solutions.
- Demonstrate good leadership, charisma, enthusiasm, and a sense of commitment.
- Fluent in English.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).