Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Your daily tasks:
- working closely with the art and programming departments on creating optimized, high-quality visual assets and tools,
- depending on your speciality and experience:
- creating specialized tools for Artists and Level Designers,
- creating and developing shaders and materials, mainly for Environment/Character Artist and UI Designers,
- environmental look development, creating full-screen effects and developing the rendering pipeline from the visual side,
- working on special effects and assets using tools like Houdini.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- 4+ years of experience on a similar position,
- experience in working with rendering pipelines,
- experience with industry standard 3D packages,
- basic to advanced skills in modeling and texturing,
- depending on your speciality:
- knowledge of Python, MAXscript or C++ (for writing tools)
- knowledge of HLSL/GLSL, real-time rendering techniques, shader/material optimization
- experience working with Houdini/Blender Geometry Node
- excellent communication and problem solving skills,
- oppeness towards iterative work cycle,
- good command of english.
Nice to have:
- Lifelong experience as an avid gamer :)
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).