Senior Writer/Narrative Designer
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
- independent creation of narrative content (story, scene and dialogue writing, creating interesting characters, co-creating the "lore" of the game and making additional narrative assets,
- creating non-linear stories and constructing emotional choices relevant to the game flow,
- creating multi-dimensional characters that follow and fit into the plot guidelines. Skilful selection of traits, motivations, conflicts, reliable psychological situations and personality transformation processes of the heroes,
- creating credible elements of the represented world (history, sociology, psychology, economics, politics, geography, languages etc.),
- creating documentation about the presented world (a World Bible),
- centoring support for other team members,
- providing feedback to other team members.
- at least five years of experience working on AAA games,
- extensive knowledge of contemporary and classic games, films and literary works,
- understanding the game development process (from concept through implementation, testing, to maintenance),
- knowledge about the specifics of work related to all teams in the production structure (artists, designers, animators, etc.) and understanding the principle of cooperation with these teams at various stages of the project,
- ability to use Polish and English at an advanced level,
- ability to freely use many linguistic styles, using a wide range of stylistic means,
- being able to independently create engaging stories, taking into account the assumptions of the project: theme, tone, mechanics, gameplay and other elements of the game,
- knowledge of various forms of narration (including non-linear ones),
- knowledge about the rules of building a drama (hero, conflict, obstacles),
- knowledge of the rules of staging (using space, images, movement, staging characters, building relationships, storytelling).
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).