Senior Online Designer
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
- support the Lead Game Designer & Game Director in delivering the vision for a new online experience in the Dying Light 2: Stay Human universe,
- author online/game features fitting a broader framework for an online experience delivered by the Game Director under the creative support of the Lead Game Designer,
- design and carry your designs through the full development cycle: from conception and prototyping through implementation to release and continuous support after launch.
Your daily tasks:
- cooperating with the Game Director/Lead Game Designer on defining the scope and content for future Dying Light 2: Stay Human online presence,
- designing, implementing and optimizing LiveOps related content and engagement events for Dying Light 2: Stay Human,
- creating gameplay mechanics and implementing game balance that increases Players’ retention and engagement with the use of your knowledge and experience combined with the data gathered from playtests and through other methods,
- designing and implementing economic systems that drive players interest in the game’s economy mechanisms,
- supporting implementation of designed features in a structured, iterative manner,
- communicating with development, production and marketing teams to ensure precise information flow & consistency across the board,
- creating and updating clear and consistent design documentation used by members of the development team and supporting disciplines (marketing, PR),
- reporting progress, setbacks and possible solutions to Lead Game Designer and other members of the design team,
- helping your fellow team members to deliver their tasks.
- experience in the Online/Live Operations games genre with at least 1 shipped AAA title as a Game Designer,
- open and and supportive attitude towards all members of the game development team,
- structured, professional approach to game design and game production methodologies,
- excellent communication skills,
- very good command of English,
- knowledge of statistics and/or data analytics tools,
- knowledge of visual scripting tools / languages,
- true passion for video games, knowledge of latest titles and current trends in the industry, especially regarding Online, F2P and Live Operations market.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).