Senior Network Programmer
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
- designing the architecture for multiplayer games,
- creating and maintaining a network engine responsible for matchmaking and management of network packets,
- supporting the synchronization of gameplay state and mechanics between players in multiplayer sessions to enable a shared gameplay experience,
- integrating the game with various online services such as matchmaking, friends management, and statistics tracking,
- proficiency in C++ programming supported by practical experience,
- experience in the development of client-server games or applications,
- good knowledge of p2p and client-server architecture and their implementation in multiplayer games,
- experience with online services solutions (PSN, Xbox Live, Steam, EOS, PlayFab),
- good knowledge of TCP/IP stack and low-level network APIs,
- experience debugging and optimizing network systems for optimal latency and bandwidth utilization.
- good team communication and collaboration skills,
- good command of English,
- passion for games and their creation.
Nice to have:
- understanding of common techniques for securing Internet connection,
- interest in ensuring multiplayer gameplay fairness,
- handling a lot of actors in a single session.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).