Senior Lighting Artist
Techland is in the process of producing two large AAA games. One of our projects is being developed in Wrocław, the other one in Warsaw. We are looking for a talented and experienced Lighting Artist. Place of work: Wroclaw or Warsaw.
As a Lighting Artist, you will help to create amazing environments, which will be discovered and admired by our players. Using light, the day and night cycle and changing weather conditions you will create the unforgettable atmosphere of locations, creating their mood and supporting gameplay.
Your daily tasks:
- creating lighting for locations and building the atmosphere with light in key scene for the narration and playing in the full day and night cycle,
- working with the Art Director and the Lead Level Artist,
- lighting large outdoor open scenes, taking into account changes in the time of day and weather,
- taking care of the visual coherence of lighting throughout the whole game,
- ensuring lighting is optimal and technically correct,
- co–operation in the development of technology related to lighting in an open world game,
- taking part in creating ideas and plans for locations/levels,
- work using a proprietary C-Engine editor.
You meet our expectations if you:
- have at least 5 years of experience in creating lighting/level art for video games supported by a portfolio,
- have outstanding artistic skills, including a good sense of color and composition
- speak English fluently,
- are passionate for games and have knowledge of the game industry from the player's perspective, (knowledge of games previously released by Techland will be a huge plus),
- are able to communicate ideas verbally and with the aid of quick sketches/references
- have great teamwork skills,
- have excellent sense for searching and analyzing reference materials from games as well as the real world.
Nice to have:
- familiarity with architecture,
- manual artistic skills – ability to draw, paint, model,
- artistic skills (drawing, painting, modeling, etc.).