Senior Lighting Artist
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Lighting Artist, you will help to create amazing environments, which will be discovered and admired by our players. Using light, the day and night cycle and changing weather conditions you will create the unforgettable atmosphere of locations, creating their mood and supporting gameplay.
Your daily tasks:
- creating lighting for locations and building the atmosphere with light in key scenes for the narration and playing in the full day and night cycle,
- working with the Art Director and the Lead Level Artist,
- lighting large outdoor open scenes, taking into account changes in the time of day and weather,
- taking care of the visual coherence of lighting throughout the whole game,
- ensuring lighting is optimal and technically correct,
- co–operation in the development of technology related to lighting in an open world game,
- taking part in creating ideas and plans for locations/levels,
- work using a proprietary C-Engine editor.
- at least 5 years of experience in creating lighting/level art for video games supported by a portfolio,
- outstanding artistic skills, including a good sense of color and composition
- very good command of English,
- passion for games and knowledge of the game industry from the player's perspective, (knowledge of games previously released by Techland will be a huge plus),
- ability to communicate ideas verbally and with the aid of quick sketches/references
- great teamwork skills,
- excellent sense for searching and analyzing reference materials from games as well as the real world.
Nice to have:
- familiarity with architecture,
- artistic skills (drawing, painting, modeling, etc.).
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).