Senior Level Artist
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Techland is looking for a talented and experienced Level Artist to join one of our teams in Wrocław or Warsaw. You will help to create amazing environments the players will be exploring and admiring. You will be moving mountains, raising cities and breathing life into in-game locations thanks to aesthetically pleasing composition and clever use of light and detail.
Your daily tasks:
- participating in the creation of ideas and plans for a locations/levels,
- setting the rough geometry of locations (terrain shape, buildings, interior walls),
- finishing locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals,
- lighting locations and cutscenes to enhance the mood and to help direct gameplay,
- optimizing locations,
- collaboration with Level Designers (responsible for gameplay), Concept Artists, 2D/3D Artists and other people involved in creating game locations,
- working using a proprietary editor,
- taking care of a particular part of the game (i.e. a large part of the environment).
You meet our expectations if you have:
- at least 5 years of experience in level design or lighting video games levels,
- at least two shipped AAA titles,
- very good command of English,
- passion for games and knowledge of the gaming industry from the player’s perspective,
- ability to express ideas verbally and through quick sketches,
- excellent teamwork skills,
- an eye for real-world and game references,
- familiarity with 2D or 3D graphics suites (Adobe Photoshop, 3DS Max/Blender).
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).