Senior Level Artist
Techland is looking for a talented and experienced Level Artist to join one of our teams in Wrocław or Warsaw. You will help to create amazing environments the players will be exploring and admiring. You will be moving mountains, raising cities and breathing life into in-game locations thanks to aesthetically pleasing composition and clever use of light and detail.
Your daily tasks:
- participating in the creation of ideas and plans for a locations/levels,
- setting the rough geometry of locations (terrain shape, buildings, interior walls),
- finishing locations and cutscenes with existing meshes and decals,
- lighting locations and cutscenes to enhance the mood and to help direct gameplay,
- optimizing locations,
- collaboration with Level Designers (responsible for gameplay), Concept Artists, 2D/3D Artists and other people involved in creating game locations,
- working using a proprietary editor,
- taking care of a particular part of the game (i.e. a large part of the environment).
You meet our expectations if you have:
- at least 5 years of experience in level design or lighting video games levels,
- at least two shipped AAA titles,
- very good command of English,
- passion for games and knowledge of the gaming industry from the player’s perspective,
- ability to express ideas verbally and through quick sketches,
- excellent teamwork skills,
- an eye for real-world and game references,
- familiarity with 2D or 3D graphics suites (Adobe Photoshop, 3DS Max/Blender).