Senior Game Programmer
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Your daily tasks at this position are design and implementation of gameplay mechanics in Techland's newest games, in particular:
- creating and prototyping new mechanics / systems,
- development of an already existing code base,
- creating systems and tools for other people on the team,
- co–operation with artists and designers,
- code optimization and debugging,
- mentor fellow programmers.
- excellent knowledge of C++,
- familiarity with STL and version control systems,
- minimum 5 years of experience in creating and implementing gameplay mechanics,
- cross-platform experience,
- experience developing / maintaining large gameplay systems,
- authentic passion for games as well as knowledge of the latest titles and trends, especially in FPP games,
- understanding of rules and problems connected with playability in FPP/TPP games,
- excellent organization and time management skills,
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- very good command of English.
Nice to have:
- computer science education,
- knowledge of commercial game engines such as Unreal Engine 4 and / or Unity,
- at least one shipped AAA title developed from start to finish,
- strong math skills,
- experience in the design and implementation of AI systems,
- proven history of mentoring fellow programmers.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).