Senior Game Designer (Systems)
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Your daily tasks:
- designing game mechanics that answer the needs of the director's vision,
- designing AI behaviors and encounters,
- creating clear and consistent design documentation (keeping it up to date),
- taking ownership over a strike team (establishing goals that are aligned with the game vision),
- working closely with Programming, Animation, Modeling and Level Design departments,
- mentoring and challenging game designers in order to develop their creative and technical skill sets,
- supporting the Lead Game Designer,
- creating an environment which allows for open dialogue and encourages new creative ideas.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in the design of gameplay systems with at least 1 shipped AAA FPP title as a Designer,
- true passion for video games, knowledge of latest titles and current trends in the industry, especially in relation to FPP games,
- knowledge of various visual scripting tools / languages,
- excellent communication skills; both written and verbal,
- proactive, supportive attitude and you are flexible,
- very good command of English.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, partial lunch financing, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).