Senior Game Designer (Combat)
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
- owning areas of the game and delivering them to a high quality,
- designing combat mechanics and open world encounters that answer the needs of the director's vision,
- leading feature development as a strike team owner (and establishing goals that are aligned with the game vision),
- writing clear and consistent design documents for game mechanics and systems, and then tuning them to be as fun and satisfying as possible,
- working closely with Programming, Animation, Modeling and Level Design departments,
- creating an environment which allows for open dialogue and encourages new creative ideas.
- experience in shipping AAA titles as part of the development team - ideally with at least one shipped First Person Perspective game,
- 6+ years of experience as a game designer,
- experience in designing FPP combat mechanics,
- knowledge of various visual scripting tools / languages,
- positive attitude and a proactive approach,
- good command of English - we work entirely in English,
- true passion for video games, knowledge of latest titles and current trends in the industry, especially in relation to Open World, FPP games.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).