Senior Environment 3D Artist
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will be a part of a team responsible for creating high-quality 3D models for building our environments. You will work closely with the Team Leader and Art Director. Your duties will consist of creating assets or complex sets of assets as well as contributing to building the environment by set dressing and level art support.
Your daily tasks:
- creating high-quality 3D Models & Textures
- integrating 3D Assets into our game engine following the defined technical requirements and ensuring that both technical and artistic quality is met.
- creating environments and set dressing based on concept art & references
- working closely with the Art Lead and Art Director to make sure the artistic vision is coming to life
- collaborating with other departments to help create the best player experience possible.
- working with Production to ensure time estimates are accurate and achievable.
- supporting the Asset Outsourcing process by gathering references and creating prototype 3d models.
- a minimum of 5+ years of experience in creating Environment / Prop Art in AAA game development with at least one AAA title connected to your name
- great understanding of next-gen asset creation workflow
- deep understanding of art fundamentals and design, a keen eye for composition, shape, colour and detail
- an exceptional understanding of form, structure and silhouette in regard to modelling
- strong texturing and painting skills
- ability to mentor less experienced Artists
- expert level proficiency in 3D packages such as 3DsMax or Blender
- proficient in Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance 3D Painter
- great communication skills & team-player attitude
- fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
Nice to have:
- great knowledge of the gaming industry
- experience in developing Open World games
- proficient in Substance Designer
- good Animation and/or rigging skills are a plus
- experience with outsourcing
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).