Senior Engine Programmer
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for a Senior Engine Programmer to join our studio. In this role you will be primarily responsible for the design and development of our proprietary engine C-Engine as well as the wide range of systems and tools used by our production teams.
Your daily tasks:
- designing, developing and implementing wide range of core engine subsystems and solutions (e.g. memory management, scene management, physics, data streaming)
- cooperating with the technology and production teams to support the work processes in the creation of AAA games,
- debugging and optimizing already existing systems,
- adhering to team coding standards and best practices.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- minimum five years of professional programming experience,
- proven experience in engine programming,
- expertise in C/C++,
- experience with multi-threaded and memory-aware programming,
- experience with memory and performance optimization,
- solid understanding of 3D maths and linear algebra,
- proficiency in algorithm design; understanding of complexity and software architecture and design,
- ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability,
- excellent problem-solving and debugging skills,
- great communication and collaboration skills, enthusiasm and initiative,
- very good command of English.
- self-motivation, ability to work independently and efficiently.
Nice to have
- proprietary game engines development experience
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).