Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
The main task of this position is to support the design, implementation and maintenance of complex systems and technological solutions related to rendering in Techland's proprietary engine. Our technology supports all Techland products on all consoles.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- excellent knowledge of C++ supported by relevant commercial experience,
- deep knowledge of topics related to game programming (e.g. multi-threading, debugging, profiling) and in particular related to graphics programming (effects, e.g. shadows, blur, HDR or deferred rendering),
- proficiency in using graphics API (e.g. DirectX, HLSL),
- knowledge of basic tools used in graphics programming (e.g. RenderDoc),
- proficiency in mathematics (geometry, algebra) and knowledge of algorithms used in computer games,
- ability to read and understand an existing codebase,
- genuine passion for games and game development as well as knowledge of the latest titles and trends in the industry, especially in the field of FPP games,
- good teamwork and communication skills,
- good command of English.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).