Quest Designer (Unannounced project AAA)
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Your daily tasks:
- designing, developing and maintaining engaging and original quests for our players both on paper and in our proprietary C-Engine
- working closely and iteratively with the Narration team (the whole team creates, develops, and provides feedback for all ideas)
- stepping into the shoes of a quest owner working in an interdisciplinary quest strike team with a common goal of bringing our story to life (Level Design, Level Art, Open World, Animation, Audio, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- close cooperation with Quest Producer and Quest Director aimed at maintaining vision and monitoring progress
- working in an iterative pipeline and being responsible for addressing director’s feedback
- following trends in the industry and being up–to–date with innovative solutions allowing to achieve project goals in terms of quests, narration, and gameplay
- reporting and time-tracking in jira
You meet our expectations if you:
- have minimum two years of experience in the gaming industry,
- have a minimum one year of experience as a Quest Designer or similar position
- have knowledge of the basics of storytelling
- have experience in creating narration for games (working on narration at least in one project), including the knowledge of any editor used for creating games,
- are a born storyteller, having a head full of many diverse ideas and just wait to create new ones, being open to receive and provide constructive feedback,
- are proactive and you like to take ownership of your assigned area of responsibility
- have strong leadership and communication skills
- are a team player; you like to listen to constructive criticism take and provide feedback, you enjoy an atmosphere of tight interdisciplinary cooperation and brainstorming
- present limitless curiosity and good knowledge of the video game industry
- understand the difference between the narrative and gameplay layers in open-world action RPG games
- are fluent in English
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office)
As a part of the recruitment process a candidate for a Quest Design position will be asked to design and implement a quest following certain requirements provided by us. The quest must be delivered within 14 days. Candidates can use any editor that delivers a standalone executable.