Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Narrative Director, you will be responsible for developing a high-quality narrative gameplay experience in the Dying Light universe, and ensuring that the narrative is integrated seamlessly into the game.
Your daily tasks:
- defining a clear narrative vision for the game in collaboration with the game director and creative team,
- defining the narrative structure for the whole game,
- providing narrative guidance to all content directors to ensure that the vision is maintained and the world feels like a “Hero”,
- coordinating writers and narrative designers (internally and externally), offering guidance and introducing best practices,
- working hands-on whenever possible to support the team and lead by example,
- working with the game design team to develop features that will support the narrative,
- cooperating with the programming team to bring our narrative technology to the next level, and ensure that the writing team has all required tools.
- collaborating with the production team to create a well-thought narrative production plan,
- monitoring the progress that was made and proposing the optimal approach and solutions to deliver the project within the time constraints,
- creating and maintaining narrative documentation: story outlines, character profiles, dialogue and cutscene scripts, style guides, world bible, etc,
- considering how our designs can help us to tell stories through various types of media.
- experience working on a similar position with a proven track record.
- experience in working on AAA games, with at least 2 AAA titles released as a Lead Writer, Lead Narrative Designer or Narrative Director,
- knowledge of game development processes and pipelines,
- experience working on games with cinematic storytelling and voiced dialogue,
- understanding of best practices for creating high quality narrative gameplay experiences,
- passion for games and a deep understanding of what makes a compelling narrative in games.
Nice to have:
- familiarity with branching and non linear storytelling,
- experience with scripting tools and familiarity with programming tools,
- experience communicating with multiple partners on an established IP.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).