Lead Quest Designer (Unannounced project AAA)
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Your daily tasks:
- reporting to, and closely cooperating with Quest Director and Quest Producer
- guarding the Quest Director’s vision for Quests, as well as the Quest Development Pipelines
- helping the team adapt the provided story into Quests and assisting in the Quest Design process, while not having direct ownership over any of the Quests (you help break down the story, adapt it into Quests, you oversee the Quest Development on the higher level, but you do not fully design or implement any of the Quests yourself)
- being a line manager to a team of Quest Designers (performing half-year evaluations, participating in recruitment meetings, monitoring and reporting Quest progress etc.)
- participating in frequent Leads and Directors reviews during which you provide feedback to ensure the best possible quality for Quests
- being a representative of the QD team and being able to report progress, risks, and mitigations
- introducing the new members of the team to the Techland way of designing and implementing the quests
You meet our expectations if you:
- having at least one AAA title shipped as a Lead
- have good knowledge of storytelling
- have experience in creating narration and quests for games
- have good knowledge of game engines and quest/story/dialogue-related tools
- you are a proactive leader; you not only help deliver milestone goals but also value the morale of the team and the self-development of its members
- you like monitoring the team’s progress and informing producers about risks in advance
- know when to step in and make a decision, and you know when to let team members devise creative solutions on their own
- are used for iterative workstyle and dynamically shifting priorities
- you understand the value of pipelines and you’re willing to go the extra mile to help execute and improve upon them
- present limitless curiosity and vast knowledge of the video game industry
- are a fan of the fantasy genre
- are fluent in English
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).
As a part of the recruitment process a candidate for a Quest Design position will be asked to design and implement a quest following certain requirements provided by us. The quest must be delivered within 14 days. Candidates can use any editor that delivers a standalone executable.