Lead Lighting Artist
As a Lead Lighting Artist, you will help create amazing environments, which will be discovered and admired by our players. Using light, the day and night cycle and changing weather conditions you will create an unforgettable atmosphere of locations, creating their mood and supporting gameplay.
Your daily tasks:
- leading the development and creation of high-quality AAA projects by designing comprehensive in-game lighting that consists of:
- lighting cutscenes,
- building mood, and guiding the player in quest locations;
- developing the weather, times of day, and nature of lighting in different regions of an open-world game in accordance with their climate zones
- supervising the work of the Lighting team in terms of visual arts and optimization - to ensure the quality of art and implementation of tasks
- working closely with Directors (ie. Art, Technical, Game, Narration) and Leads (ie. Level, Concept)
- taking care of the visual coherence of lighting throughout the whole game,
- ensuring lighting is optimal and technically correct,
- cooperation in the development of technology related to lighting in open-world games,
- taking part in creating ideas and plans for locations and levels,
- using a proprietary C-Engine editor in your work.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- 2+ years as a Principal / Lead Lighting Artist and at least 5 years of experience in creating lighting/level art for video games or finished AAA projects supported by a portfolio
- outstanding artistic skills, including a good sense of colour and composition
- extensive knowledge of lighting, optimization, asset pipeline creation, rendering
- experience in leading a team of artists,
- very good command of English, while Polish is a big plus
- passion for games and knowledge of the gaming industry from a player's perspective, (knowledge of games previously released by Techland will be a huge plus),
- ability to communicate ideas verbally and with the aid of quick sketches/references
- great teamwork skills,
- excellent sense for searching and analyzing reference materials from games as well as the real world.
Nice to have:
- technical / rendering / photography background
- familiarity with architecture,
- artistic skills (drawing, painting, etc.).