Lead Concept Artist
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Your daily tasks:
- Creating designs for characters, creatures, and environment in accordance with the artistic vision of the game
- Assisting the Art Director to establish and execute the artistic vision of the game
- Researching and proposing concept references under the lead of the Art Director
- Leading the Concept Art team, guiding other artists through both mentorship and critique
- Cooperating with other leads and team members across various departments to help steer the conceptual direction into the final game experience
- Working closely with 3D Asset teams, Environment teams and Character teams, joining their design processes and working out the visual problems that arise during production.
Your tasks as a Leader:
- accepting and receiving the work results of the Art team members, assessing them in terms of content and consistency with the established vision, based on the effects visible in the game,
- providing constructive feedback to speed up the production process,
- proposing and implementing technical solutions to improve production,
- proposing solutions on possible obstacles in the implementation of the design vision,
- supporting the development of individual members of your team (acting as a Mentor),
- being the guardian of company culture, supporting Producers in solving difficult situations in the team and improving the team’s morale,
- cooperating with other Leads in order to synchronize expectations regarding work standards,
- evaluating tasks and proposing solutions in given areas,
- attending creative and specialist meetings and sharing knowledge with the team to be sure that the vision and directions are understandable
- Outstanding proficiency in designing for the digital world with digital media
- Solid 2D drawing skills and a good esthetic sense. Top-notch technique and thorough knowledge of anatomy, perspective, composition, color, and textures.
- Professional Photoshop skills. Basic knowledge of 3D software of your choice,
- Ease and efficiency when working in a team,
- Ability to turn ideas into images,
- Commitment to the project and a desire to find the best possible way of completing it,
- Knowledge of how the development of a game is planned and prepared along with project cycles
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).