See all open positions
As a Lead Animator at Techland you will play an impactful role by working very closely with programmers and designers to build solid foundations for gameplay. We are looking for someone who will lead by example and produce high-quality content on par with the animation vision established by the Animation Director, as well as focus on the architecture of our gameplay and motion systems.
Your daily tasks:
- collaborating with gameplay and animation programmers to create amazing gameplay and solutions using Techland’s C-Engine,
- anticipating, planning and advising on animation and gameplay related technical issues and implementation,
- supervising the systems architecture from the animation point of view,
- acting as the perfect link between Design and Code to build the foundations of gameplay,
- acting as the primary point of contact for a wide spectrum of gameplay topics,
- supporting the Animation Director in the creation of the animation vision and achieving the highest quality,
- working with producers to estimate backlogs, plan the team’s work and ensure on-time work delivery,
- preparing and directing mocap sessions, encouraging and supporting animators to participate,
- mentoring a team of talented animators, reviewing and giving feedback about their work,
- hands-on involvement in achieving the team’s goals.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- 5+ years of experience animating characters for video games,
- experience working on AAA titles,
- experience in leading and mentoring teams,
- strong keyframing skills,
- in-depth experience working with animation graphs and state machines,
- strong professional knowledge of Autodesk Motionbuilder (or similar software),
- solid experience working with motion capture,
- great problem-solving and communication skills,
- very good command of English.