Houdini Technical Artist
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Your daily tasks:
- Create and maintain efficient procedural tools in areas of:
- pipeline improvement and automation (e.g., asset creation, world building),
- procedural, context-aware asset distribution on maps,
- special assets and effects creation (e.g. destruction, fluid simulations),
- asset optimization.
- Participate in the process of integration of Houdini/Geometry Node with our engine.
- Collaborate closely with the artist and programmer teams, gather their feedback to identify and develop potential improvements related to asset creation and world building pipelines and tools.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Spread the knowledge about the created tools across other teams.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- At least intermediate knowledge of procedural tools like Houdini or Geometry Node
- Working experience on a AAA game
- Strong understanding of game development pipelines and processes and applying the principles of procedural generation techniques.
Nice to have:
- Other Technical Art skills (e.g. knowledge of Python, MAXscript or C++ / HLSL/GLSL, real-time rendering techniques, shader/material optimization)
- Lifelong experience as an avid gamer :)
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).