Global Communications Director
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and people-oriented Global Communications Lead / Director. This person will be defining all communications efforts for our games & other products based on our IP, as well as manage PR, Influencer Relations & Community teams.
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
- Defining and executing global communication strategy for our games & other products based on our IP in line with the company’s strategic goals
- Aligning PR, Influencer Relations & Community teams’ activities with global communications strategy
- Building and maintaining relations with key media outlets, content creators and partners
- Managing Global Comms team and supporting its members to ensure their further professional development
- In close cooperation with Development, Brand & Creative Marketing teams defining the communication approach to all major campaigns & key assets
- Acting as main point of contact on communications topics for internal and external stakeholders
- Providing communications support to other departments, including preparing senior management for public speaking events and preparing content for them
- Partnering with Corporate Communications on aligning the general communication approach for external & internal communication and events
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role in video games or entertainment industry
- 7+ years of proven experience in communications in video games, ideally having an experience with both AAA premium titles & GaaS
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to turn various beats of information into a compelling story
- Experience in managing several teams at the same time and developing people
- Passion for games and “gamers come first” mindset
- Profound understanding of pop culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and align with various stakeholders
- Willingness to work in a hybrid or on-site model in our office in Wrocław or Warsaw will be a definite plus (but not a hard requirement). We offer relocation support if needed
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).