Work Model: onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
At Techland, we believe in treating our players with care and respect. We are gamers ourselves and we understand that honesty, transparency and integrity, coupled with an ambitious approach to everything we do, is the right way to go.
This job can be performed in a hybrid system from our office in Wroclaw or Warsaw.
- Coordinating and managing day-to-day operations of legal department,
- Comprehensive legal support for ongoing projects, including, among others, preparation of different types of documents, mainly commercial agreements (in particular distribution, license, marketing and outsource agreements) with Polish and foreign contractors,
- Day-to-day legal corporate support for the joint-stock company,
- Updating and preparing different internal procedures (policies, by-laws, compliance regulations, etc.),
- Supporting the internal document management system,
- Ongoing monitoring of changes in law,
- Updating and preparing standard drafts of different documents,
- Representing the company before courts and public administration bodies,
- Cooperation with external advisors,
- Supporting all other legal issues and processes as required.
- Attorney-at-law title.
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel,
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills,
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a law firm or as an in-house counsel, preferably in the gaming industry,
- Excellent command of spoken and written of Polish and English (C1 level), including extensive knowledge of legal terms and vocabulary,
- Extensive experience in the field of broadly understood:
- commercial and corporate law (in particular day-to-day support for joint-stock companies, advising on Polish and foreign commercial contracts),
- intellectual property law (in particular copyright and trademark protection),
- protection of personal data (in particular GDPR),
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google suite (especially G-Sheets, G-Docs) / LEX / Legalis,
- Analytical mind, you learn quickly, you are diligent, well-organized and thorough,
- Ability to independently identify, assess and understand legal/business risks and propose appropriate solutions,
- Knowledge and skills that allow you to independently carry out complex tasks and share your knowledge with others,
- Strong work ethic - you approach entrusted tasks responsibly, with focus on effectiveness, timely delivery and highest quality,
- Experience and readiness to work in a project mode and under time pressure.
- A wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions,
- An outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- A constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- Many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- State-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free car park (Wrocław/Warsaw office).