Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
This job can be either remote from France (with quarterly business trips to Wroclaw & Warsaw offices), or in-office / hybrid from our Wroclaw or Warsaw offices (in this case we provide relocation support).
- Taking ownership and developing the game design direction,
- Translating the creative vision into mechanics, systems and whole player experience,
- Delivering guidelines, mandates to the team to design specific gameplay features,
- Ensuring that all elements related to design work together to fulfill the vision,
- Supporting and mentoring game design teams in developing core game features (gameplay rules, progression, combat, weapon/character attributes, AI, 3Cs, etc.),
- Reviewing and debating budgets & timelines with the producers,
- adapting to technical and production constraints, readjusting design direction if needed,
- Following market trends to update the production processes and our best practices,
- Working with tech director to evolve technology and ensure that it supports game direction,
- Working with production team to set the best direction and track the progress during game production,
- Hands-on attitude while using tools and leading all teams by example,
- Supporting best practices through the production process.
- At least 7 years of game design experience (preferably working on AAA titles),
- Experience as a Game Director, Creative Director or Design Director,
- Knowledge of game engines & their limitations,
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Deep understanding of the gamedev market and current trends in FPP games,
- Very good command of English.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).