Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As an FX Artist, you will help to bring environments, weapons and characters to life in our games. Using special effects, you will support gameplay and create complete immersion in a given scene.
Your daily tasks:
- creation of visual special effects (e.g. explosions, flames, dust, sprays of water, effects of magic) based on particle systems; to be used in Techland’s video games.
- creation of particle effects in Techland’s FX editor (learning the software),
- creation of FX elements - drawing textures, script editing for materials and effects,
- co-design of special effects (close cooperation with FX programmers),
- active participation in the game graphics improvement process.
- min. 2 years of experience in creating visual special effects for AAA games,
- great creativity, artistic skills and commitment,
- advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop,
- ability to create sprite animations (3D Studio Max, Maya, Houdini),
- knowledge of issues related to particle effects,
- familiarity with industry trends and standards in video games,
- good knowledge of applications for liquid simulations (3D Studio Max z FumeFx, Maya z FumeFx, Realflow, Houdini),
- experience in cooperation with programmers to achieve the best visual effects,
- very good command of English.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).