Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Security Engineer at our company, your expertise will be pivotal in safeguarding both our interactive gaming environments and our internal systems against an array of cyber threats. Your multifaceted role involves crafting and reinforcing security frameworks that are not only suited to the high-stakes realm of AAA gaming, where interactions and data integrity are paramount but also extend to protect the diverse array of internal systems that our employees, including our software developers, rely upon daily.
- designing and implementing secure corporate environments and defensive strategies to protect against cyber threats,
- providing advice and guidance to other teams within the business on best practices while maintaining up-to-date and relevant industry knowledge,
- identifying opportunities to improve security services and monitoring,
- acting as a primary point of contact for internal users and conducting ongoing and on demand internal training,
- monitoring security alerts, responding to incidents, investigating root causes, implementing containment measures, and performing post-incident analysis,
- designing, implementing, and reviewing product, service, and infrastructure security. Identifying vulnerabilities and proposing solutions for enhanced security,
- evaluate and implement security tools for improved security operations,
- supporting your team members on their tasks and business product decisions with planning, implementation and thorough documentation,
- staying updated on security trends, threats, and technologies. Conducting research and propose innovative security solutions.
- 3+ years of experience working in a security operations environment, preferably in a security engineering role. (or a related role, i.e. System Administrator with security responsibilities),
- understanding of fundamental security concepts and terminologies (tools, methodology etc.),
- experience with vulnerability assessment tools, penetration testing methodologies, and risk assessment frameworks,
- good knowledge of industry standard security tools for implementation, administration and usage,
- ability to work independently, to carry responsibility and to self-learn,
- knowledge of endpoint security issues,
- good team communication and collaboration skills,
- good command of English,
- keen interest in cybersecurity trends and developments.
Nice to have:
- industry certifications such as: CISSP/CISM,SANS GIAC Certifications, CEH/LPT/OSCP, Other relevant certs,
- advanced scripting skills in Python, Bash, PowerShell etc. for automation of security tasks,
- experience in handling security incidents and forensic analysis,
- experience working in a Security Operations Centre or as a Security Engineer,
- knowledge of regulatory compliance frameworks such as GDPR, ISO/IEC 27001, etc.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).