Character Concept Artist
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
- creating designs for the characters that bring our games to life,
- joining in the design process and working out the visual problems that arise using your concept art
- working closely with Art Director, Lead Character Concept Artist (that will provide you with guidance and supervision) and art team
- Outstanding proficiency in designing for the digital world, whether via tablet, Adobe Photoshop or good old pencil and paper.
- The ability to think outside the box - and blow up the whole concept of boxes and ‘outside’ when you need to.
- Ease and efficiency when working in a team.
- The ability to turn ideas into images.
- Top-notch technique and a thorough knowledge of anatomy, perspective, composition, color, textures.
- Familiarity with what’s hot and where the bar’s been set in the latest movies and games, and the ability to work and create in that style.
- Commitment to the project and a desire to find the best possible way of completing it.
- Knowledge of how a game is made and what needs arise in making it.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).