3d Weapon Artist - Outsourcing
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
- Reviewing weapon art asset deliveries from external partners and ensuring they meet all our technical requirements
- providing technical feedback and support to our external partners
- If necessary polishing and finalizing art assets received from external partners
- Implementation of assets coming from external sources into our engine and pipeline.
- Learning our internal tools.
- At least 2 years of experience in creating realistic 3D models and textures of weapons (using Zbrush, 3dsMax/Maya/Blender, Substance Painter, Adobe Photoshop) for AAA projects.
- Excellent understanding of hard surface modeling.
- Considerable skills in Zbrush, 3ds Max or Maya or Blender.
- Considerable skills creating materials and textures for weapons models using Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Great communication skills & team-player attitude.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation whilst also being a team player.
- Experience with game engines (like the Unreal Engine, Unity or other in-house game engines).
- Very good command of English.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills, file management, naming conventions and systematic workflow.
- Ability to create and communicate asset creation briefings.
- A genuine interest in communicating with people of different cultural backgrounds across the globe.
- A wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- An outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- A constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- Many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- State-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free car park (Wrocław/Warsaw office).