Technical Artist/Shader Programmer
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Technical Artist/Shader Programmer you will be part of the rendering team responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining complex systems and technological solutions related to rendering in Techland's proprietary engine. You will play a critical role in working on custom shaders, post-processing effects, and rendering optimization.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain custom shaders using HLSL to create lighting and post-processing effects (ambient occlusion, anti-aliasing, screen space reflection, water, hairs, etc.)
- Profile the render loop to identify and optimize inefficient rendering processes, memory usage, and GPU/CPU cycles
- Close cooperation with programming and art teams (e.g. lightning) to develop and test new features
You meet our expectations if you have:
- Experience in a similar position
- Experience in using CPU/GPU profiling and debugging tools: PIX, nSight, RenderDoc
- Proficiency in using graphics API (e.g. DirectX, Vulcan)
- Shader programming (HLSL/GLSL) and optimization skills
- In-depth understanding of PBR workflows
- Console experience (Xbox, PS4/PS5)
- Knowledge of mathematics and physics (vector calculus, linear algebra)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills,
- Good command of English.
Nice to have
- C++ coding skills
- Understanding how the GPU works at a low level
- Experience with industry-standard 3D packages
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).