Senior Quest Designer
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
- creating detailed plans for quest playthroughs (e.g. flowcharts) and implementing them in the game in co–operation with other departments (Level Design, Level Art, Open World, Animation, Audio, etc.),
- ensuring the quality of player experience,
- designing detailed descriptions of characters and the game world,
- brainstorming within the Quest Design and Narration teams in a creative and open-minded environment
- following trends in the industry and being up–to–date with innovative solutions allowing to achieve project goals in terms of quests, narration and gameplay.
- minimum 3 years of experience at a similar position in the gaming industry,
- experience in creating narration for games (working on narration at least in one project), including the knowledge of any editor used for creating games,
- limitless curiosity and good knowledge of the video game industry,
- understanding of the differences between the narrative and the gameplay layers in open-world action RPG games,
- positive attitude to tight teamwork and brainstorming, supported by good communication skills,
- ability to create many diverse ideas (we're not concentrating on polishing ideas for months, but on generating the most interesting ones in, e.g. a week),
- positive attitude to feedback,
- fluent English.
Nice to have:
- knowledge of the basics of scripting for narrative use (e.g. using global variables in Twine or basic managing of Blueprints in the Unreal Engine).
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).