Senior Level Designer
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Senior Level Designer you will be responsible for creating attractive gameplay and an engaging story for the player to experience.
Your daily tasks:
- designing, building locations, scripting, iterating and optimizing levels / quests in the open world game,
- co–creating and then transfroming the project vision into a playable environment,
- close co–operation with a group of specialists from different fields – art, programming, design, audio, animation, etc.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- experience in creating games (at least 5 years of experience or one published AAA project) as a Level Designer / Senior Level Designer,
- ablility to design and create a game environment that is engaging and understandable to the player, provides a diverse playthrough and will be attractive and aesthetically believable,
- good grasp of any editor, regardless of it being Unity, Unreal, RedKit, Cryengine, RoadHog, or Techland's proprietary DevTools,
- understanding how to solve a problem when you hear that "through the indirect leading of the player, we have to make them end up in point X",
- a good sense of what will play well and what will be frustrating,
- willingness to develop our technology and engine in terms of Level Design,
- willingness to work with other people to achieve a common goal,
- willingness to share your knowledge, exchange experiences and think out of the box,
- very good command of English.
Nice to have:
- knowledge of architecture,
- artistic skills (drawing, painting, modelling, etc.).
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).