Senior Game Designer (3C)
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Warszawa, Poland; Wrocław, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
- support Lead Game Designer & Game Director in defining new gameplay mechanics for Dying Light universe and unannounced new IPs,
- leave your mark on unforgettable gameplay experiences delivered by Techland’s AAA projects to Players all around the world,
- take real ownership of the features you authored and carry your designs through the full development cycle: from conception and prototyping through implementation to release and continuous support after launch.
Your daily tasks:
- cooperating with the Game Director/Lead Game Designer on breaking down the high level vision for the game into specific gameplay mechanics/systems,
- designing said gameplay mechanics/systems aligned with the creative direction, within the boundaries set by technical and game constraints (and challenging them if necessary),
- creating implementation plans for your features in cooperation with the game Producers and representatives of other game development disciplines,
- supporting implementation of designed features in a structured manner, from prototyping through iterations and balancing to finally delivering the gameplay experience you envisioned, adapting the initial designs along the journey,
- creating and updating clear and consistent design documentation used by members of the development team and supporting teams,
- reporting progress, setbacks and possible solutions to Lead Game Designer and other members of the design team,
- helping your fellow team members to deliver their tasks, sharing your creativity, experience and goodwill.
- ambition and motivation to leave a mark in the AAA game market,
- experience in open world, action heavy games with at least 1 shipped AAA/AA title as a Senior Game Designer,
- open and and supportive attitude towards all members of the game development team,
- structured, professional approach to game design and game production methodologies,
- excellent communication skills; both written and verbal,
- very good command of English,
- knowledge of visual scripting tools / languages,
- true passion for video games, knowledge of latest titles and current trends in the industry
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).