Senior Environment Concept Artist
Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Senior Environment Concept Artist, you will take part in creating concepts for landscapes and natural and man-made elements of environments for our games, while giving them unique emotional expressions and moods following the narrative and gameplay requirements. He or she will be part of an Environment Team which will bring to life the unique open worlds of our IPs.
Your daily tasks:
- Creating amazing designs for environments and objects that bring our games to life.
- Being a part of the design process and working out visual problems.
- Working closely with the Art Director and other Art team members to secure a consistent vision for our game.
- Outstanding proficiency in designing for the digital world.
- At least 4 years of experience in designing environment CA for games
- Out of the box thinking and ability to create unique and never-before-seen visual designs.
- Ease and efficiency when working in a team.
- The ability to turn ideas into images.
- Familiarity with what’s hot and where the bar’s been set in the latest movies and games, along with the ability to work and create in that style.
- Commitment to the project and a desire to find the best possible way of completing it.
- Knowledge of how a game is made and what needs arise in making it.
- A wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- An outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- A constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- Many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- State-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free car park (Wrocław/Warsaw office).