Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Your daily tasks:
- contributing to design, development and maintenance of engaging and original quests for our players
- creation and maintenance of visual (e.g. flowcharts) and non-visual (e.g. wiki) design docs
- cooperation with other departments with a common aim of bringing our story to life (Level Design, Level Art, Open World, Animation, Audio, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- ensuring the quality of player experience,
- working iteratively with the Narration team (the whole team creates, develops, and provides feedback for all ideas),
- following trends in the industry and being up–to–date with innovative solutions allowing to achieve project goals in terms of quests, narration and gameplay
You meet our expectations if you have:
- have minimum two years of experience at a similar position in the gaming industry,
- have experience in creating narration for games (working on narration at least in one project), including the knowledge of any editor used for creating games,
- present limitless curiosity and good knowledge of the video game industry,
- understand the difference between the narrative and gameplay layers in open-world action RPG games,
- like an atmosphere of tight teamwork and brainstorming, supported by good communication skills,
- are a born storyteller, having a head full of many diverse ideas and just wait to create new ones, being open to receive and provide constructive feedback,
- are fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- knowledge of proper storytelling basics
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).