Work Model: remote / onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Material Artist, you will be responsible for creating high-quality materials for our Games. You will work closely with the Tech Art, Lead and Art Directors. Your duties will consist of preparing and overseeing our in-house material library as well providing support for members of the Art team in areas related to material and textures creation.
Your daily tasks:
- creating high-quality textures/materials using tools, such as Substance Designer / Painter, ZBrush & Photoshop.
- collaborating with Tech Art to develop advanced shaders and material art pipelines
- working closely with Environment 3D artists and Level artists to create efficient, tileable textures and smart materials in Substance
- building and maintaining a high-quality PBR material library
- working closely with the Art Director and Lead to achieve a consistent look for the visuals
- creating documentation supporting techniques and processes.
- mentoring and guiding fellow artists as well as growing together as a team
- a portfolio of realistic, high-quality, game-ready materials/textures
- a minimum of 3+ years of experience in creating as Texture Artist or Environment Artist in AAA game development with at least one AAA title connected to your name
- expert skills in Substance Designer/Painter, Zbrush & Photoshop
- strong understanding of PBR rendering and the interaction between materials and lighting.
- great understanding of next-gen asset creation workflow
- deep understanding of art fundamentals and design, a keen eye for composition, shape, colour and detail
- experience with photogrammetric asset creation workflow
- experience with 3D packages such as 3DsMax or Blender
- great communication skills & a team-player attitude
- fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).