As a Material Artist, you will be responsible for creating high-quality materials for our Games. You will work closely with the Tech Art, Lead and Art Directors. Your duties will consist of preparing and overseeing our in-house material library as well providing support for members of the Art team in areas related to material and textures creation.
Your daily tasks:
- creating high-quality textures/materials using tools, such as Substance Designer / Painter, ZBrush & Photoshop.
- collaborating with Tech Art to develop advanced shaders and material art pipelines
- working closely with Environment 3D artists and Level artists to create efficient, tileable textures and smart materials in Substance
- building and maintaining a high-quality PBR material library
- working closely with the Art Director and Lead to achieve a consistent look for the visuals
- creating documentation supporting techniques and processes.
- mentoring and guiding fellow artists as well as growing together as a team
You meet our expectations of you have:
- a portfolio of realistic, high-quality, game-ready materials/textures
- a minimum of 3+ years of experience in creating as Texture Artist or Environment Artist in AAA game development with at least one AAA title connected to your name
- expert skills in Substance Designer/Painter, Zbrush & Photoshop
- strong understanding of PBR rendering and the interaction between materials and lighting.
- great understanding of next-gen asset creation workflow
- deep understanding of art fundamentals and design, a keen eye for composition, shape, colour and detail
- experience with photogrammetric asset creation workflow
- experience with 3D packages such as 3DsMax or Blender
- great communication skills & a team-player attitude
- fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
Nice to have:
- Great knowledge of the gaming industry
- Passionate about creating Materials
- Experience in developing Open World games