As a Lighting Artist, you will help to create amazing environments, which will be discovered and admired by our players. Using light, the day and night cycle and changing weather conditions, you will create the unforgettable atmosphere of locations, creating their mood and supporting gameplay.
Your daily tasks:
- creating lighting for locations and building the atmosphere with light in key scenes for the narration and playing in the full day and night cycle,
- working with the Art Director and the Lead Level Artist,
- lighting large outdoor open scenes, taking into account changes in the time of day and weather,
- taking care of the visual coherence of lighting throughout the whole game,
- ensuring lighting is optimal and technically correct,
- co–operation in the development of technology related to lighting in an open world game,
- taking part in creating ideas and plans for locations/levels,
- working with a proprietary C-Engine editor.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- proven experience in creating lighting art with at least one AA project delivered for video games, supported by a portfolio,
- outstanding artistic skills, including a good sense of colour and composition
- very good level of English (spoken and written),
- passion for games and knowledge of the game industry from the player's perspective, (knowledge of games previously released by Techland will be a huge plus),
- ability to communicate ideas verbally and with the aid of quick sketches/references
- great teamwork skills,
- excellent sense for searching and analyzing reference materials from games as well as the real world.
Nice to have:
- familiarity with architecture,
- artistic skills (drawing, painting, modeling, etc.).
What can we offer:
- A wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses;
- An outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner;
- A constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know;
- Many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes;
- State-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).