See all open positions
Lead Environment Artist
As a Lead Environment Artist, you will lead and motivate the art team and actively participate in the development of AAA-quality environments and assets according to the artistic, technical and gameplay guidelines.
Your daily tasks:
- Leading the development of the environment art pipeline for architecture, nature, props, VFX to deliver high-quality, complex and competitive game environments
- Managing day-to-day operations of the Environment Team: content reviews, establishing deliverables, and working as the direct manager for the team members
- Working closely with the Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all environments (while keeping the Environment Team motivated, inspired, and productive)
- Working closely with the Technical Art Director to ensure performance and technical quality of created environments
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing the team’s tasks with the Producer
- Working closely with the Outsourcing Manager to identify and schedule assets for external development
- Creating and maintaining briefs and documents for asset creation and training
- Proactively participating in technical and aesthetic problem solving, and clearly communicating issues along with direction to the team.
- Monitoring the needs of design and other disciplines to ensure proper dependencies are met and bottlenecks are mitigated.
- Monitoring and evaluating production efficiency as well as affecting changes in defining tools and art production pipelines along with developing strategies to maximize performance.
- Assisting in HR-related processes, such as monitoring staff well-being, identifying potential risks and recruitment initiatives.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- Experience shipping an open-world game as a Senior or Lead Environment Artist.
- Great communication and leadership skills with the ability to effectively coordinate with producers, programmers, designers, as well as artists.
- A solid understanding of consistent environment art design, like strong knowledge of modular planning for large assets/environments.
- Self-motivation, minimal direction requirement, and can carry on the vision for the level until completion, while respecting gameplay and design needs.
- Ability to manage your own time and work within deadlines.
- Fluent English, both verbally and in writing.
Nice to have:
- familiarity with current game console criteria and their limitations on memory and performance;
- expertise with PBR, lighting, rendering, and material authoring;
- experience through multiple AAA development cycles;
- a passion for 3D environment art, set dressing, lighting, and texturing.
- strong technical ability to manage assets to fit memory, design, and frame rate limitations.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, partial lunch financing, gifts for different occasions, bonuses
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office)