We are looking for an experienced English Writer to help us create the English versions of our games. The role combines skills of translator, adaptation specialist and writer.
Your daily tasks:
- adapting Polish dialogues and other in-game texts and documentation into English,
- cooperating with audio team on matters involving VOs,
- supervising English recordings,
- organizing writing schedules to complete drafts of content or finished projects within deadlines,
- utilizing industry best practices and familiarity with the organization's mission to inspire ideas and content,
- communicating and cooperating with other teams, including: writers, quest designers, level designer, gameplay designers and audio designers,
- following an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio,
- impeccable grasp of the Polish and English languages, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions,
- ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision,
- strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with colleagues and management,
- ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously,
- strict adherence to the style guides of each project and their policies for publication,
- good time management skills, including prioritizing, scheduling, and adapting as necessary,
- proficiency with computers, especially word processing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,
- willingness to learn how to work in our game engine.