Animation Technology Programmer
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
Your daily tasks:
- researching, developing, maintaining, and improving gameplay and cinematic animation systems while maintaining robust flexibility for use by AI, designers and animators,
- taking ownership of gameplay and cinematic animation features from content creation tools to the engine runtime,
- collaborating with programmers, designers, and artists - gathering requirements, helping troubleshoot problems and improving animation workflow efficiency,
- working closely with animation leads and animation director to raise the quality bar for animations in the game,
- profiling, identifying, and eliminating bottlenecks in complex data processing pipelines and tools (performance, memory, network, IO),
- creating documentation for the gameplay and cinematic teams,
- staying up-to-date on animation technology trends and new developments.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- minimum five years of professional programming experience,
- expertise in C/C++,
- excellent problem-solving and debugging skills,
- experience with multi-threaded and allocator-aware programming,
- experience with memory and performance optimization,
- experience with animation graphs, blend trees and state machines (Unreal, Havok Animation, Morpheme or similar),
- solid understanding of 3D maths and linear algebra,
- proficiency in algorithm design; understanding of complexity and software architecture and design,
- ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability,
- great communication skills, enthusiasm and initiative,
- very good command of English.
Nice to have:
- experience working on at least one shipped multiplayer title,
- familiarity with various animation technologies such as compression, motion synthesis, ragdoll physics IK, etc.,
- UX and tool creation experience,
- console programming experience,
- Maya/Motion Builder or other digital content creation tools experience,
- Python experience,
- familiarity with animation processing and deployment pipelines.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, partial lunch financing, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).