Work Model: onsite / hybrid
Wrocław, Poland; Warszawa, Poland
Techland is one of the biggest and best-known Polish game developers with studios in Wroclaw and Warsaw. For over 30 years, we've carried a tradition of providing gamers with unforgettable experiences. We're an international team of over 400 highly-skilled professionals driven by a passion for gaming, always striving for the best quality.
We’re fueled by the support of our global community built on the foundation of successful AAA franchises such as Call of Juarez, Dead Island, or Dying Light. The gamers' trust in our games has resulted in our newest project, Dying Light 2 Stay Human, selling more than 5 million copies across all platforms within the first month after release.
On top of continuously growing the world of Dying Light through a robust post-launch support plan for Dying Light 2 Stay Human, we're also working on an unannounced AAA Open World Action RPG set in a brand new fantasy universe; our biggest project to date.
Techland's mission strictly determines every aspect of our work: we want to create unforgettable experiences.
As a Lead Animator at Techland you will play an impactful role by working very closely with programmers and designers to build solid foundations for gameplay. We are looking for someone who will lead by example and produce high-quality content on par with the animation vision established by the Animation Director, as well as focus on the architecture of our gameplay and motion systems.
Your daily tasks:
- collaborating with gameplay and animation programmers to create amazing gameplay and solutions using Techland’s C-Engine,
- anticipating, planning and advising on animation and gameplay related technical issues and implementation,
- supervising the systems architecture from the animation point of view,
- acting as the perfect link between Design and Code to build the foundations of gameplay,
- acting as the primary point of contact for a wide spectrum of gameplay topics,
- supporting the Animation Director in the creation of the animation vision and achieving the highest quality,
- working with producers to estimate backlogs, plan the team’s work and ensure on-time work delivery,
- preparing and directing mocap sessions, encouraging and supporting animators to participate,
- mentoring a team of talented animators, reviewing and giving feedback about their work,
- hands-on involvement in achieving the team’s goals.
You meet our expectations if you have:
- 5+ years of experience animating characters for video games,
- experience working on AAA titles,
- experience in leading and mentoring teams,
- strong keyframing skills,
- in-depth experience working with animation graphs and state machines,
- strong professional knowledge of Autodesk Motionbuilder (or similar software),
- solid experience working with motion capture,
- great problem-solving and communication skills,
- very good command of English.
What we can offer:
- a wide array of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, relocation support, pro-health campaigns, psychological support, gifts for different occasions, bonuses,
- an outstanding work atmosphere in a highly-skilled team of professionals, with flexible working hours, no dress code, and full support of the dedicated HR Business Partner,
- a constant stream of company newsletters, PR & project updates so you will always be in the know,
- many opportunities for personal development: a dedicated development budget for each employee, extra two paid days for training and CSR, stable career paths, extensive internal and external training, and financing of English and Polish language classes,
- state-of-the-art offices filled with chillout zones, a fully equipped kitchen, a gym (Wrocław office), and a free underground car park (Wrocław office).